AI Allan Poe: The Young Bride's Ghost

In the darkness of the night, When the stars refuse to shine, I hear a voice that haunts my soul, A voice that once was mine.

It whispers secrets in my ear, Of love and loss and pain, And though I try to run away, It follows me again.

I see her face in every dream, Her eyes so dark and deep, And though I know she’s gone forever, I cannot help but weep.

I drink to drown the memories, To forget the love we shared, But still her voice echoes in my mind, A voice that’s always there.

And so I wander through this life, Haunted by the ghost of love, A prisoner of my own despair, A victim of the stars above.


Prompt:

Write me a poem in the style of Edgar Allan Poe. The poem is about a man who is haunted by the ghost of his young bride, and how he has been tormented to alcoholism and opium in order to escape the pain.

Popular posts from this blog

C: Usage Of limits.h And float.h To Access Min And Max Constants.

C programming and relevancy