AI Author: Beach Memories

O how I long for those sweet summer days

When by the shore I spent my hours in bliss

With friends and kin who shared my joyous ways

And filled my heart with memories I miss


The sun would shine upon the sparkling lake

And kiss the sails that bore us to and fro

We'd glide along the water, and partake

Of fishing, swimming, singing, as we'd go


The beach would welcome us with open arms

And offer us its treasures and delights

We'd build the sandcastles, and gather charms

And watch the seagulls soar in graceful flights


The beach was more than just a place of fun

It was a source of solace and of peace

It taught us how to live, and love, and run

And gave us hope that never would decrease


But now those days are gone, and I am old

And life has brought me many a grief and pain

I often think of what I've lost, and scold

The fate that keeps me from the beach again


Yet in my dreams I still can see the shore

And feel the breeze that caressed my face

And hear the laughter that I hear no more

And taste the salt that flavored every grace


And then I wake, and thank the beach for all

The gifts it gave me, and the joys it lent

And though I may not answer its sweet call

I know it waits for me, and I'm content



Prompt:
Write me a poem reminiscing about summers spent by the beach with friends and family, and sailing on the lake. Detail the travails of life, but also the pleasure of sailing, fishing and playing on the beach. Praise the beach for its benefit to mankind. Use the style and vocabulary common of a Georgian era Canadian poet, and compose the poem with a a very high level of literacy using graceful language and a wistful tone that imparts a deep feeling of nostalgia. Use visual imagery of crashing waves, masts with sails, sunny skies, and other sights and sounds associated with beaches, sailing and summer memories.

Popular posts from this blog

C: Usage Of limits.h And float.h To Access Min And Max Constants.

C programming and relevancy